It’s true….. Roswell, GA Rocks!!!!!
Are you thinking about moving to Roswell, Ga?
• Named One of the Top Three Cities in the Nation to Raise Your Family: Roswell was listed third in the book, “Best Places to Raise Your Family,” released by Frommer’s
• Roswell is ranked as the 18th Safest City in the United States according to City Crime Rankings
• Named the 6th Best Place to Retire in the United States by Black Enterprise Magazine
• City of Excellence: Only 50 cities in the state have been honored with the designation by the Georgia Municipal Association
• Designated as a Bicycle Friendly Community in 2006 by the League of American Bicyclists
• “Money Magazine’s” 19th Best Eastern U.S. City to Live: Roswell was ranked 19th for cities with populations under 100,000
• “Atlanta Magazine’s” Best Place to Live in Metro Atlanta: Roswell was honored twice by “Atlanta Magazine” as the best place to live in the metro area
• Internationally Accredited Police Department: Commission on Accreditation of Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA)
• State of Georgia Law Enforcement Certification: Roswell Police Department
• Nationally Accredited Recreation and Parks Department: Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies
• Preserve America Community Designation: Honored for its efforts in preserving our historic, cultural, and natural heritage
• Trendsetter Award 2006: Roswell received the award for the Big Creek Wetlands demonstration project from the Georgia Municipal Association
• Create Community Award 2005: The Atlanta Regional Commission’s most prestigious award. Roswell was honored for its efforts in environmental sustainability
• Achievement of Excellence in Procurement: The National Institute of Governmental Purchasing 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
• Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting: City of Roswell has received a Certificate of Achievement for the last nineteen consecutive years, since June 30, 1989.
• Georgia Recreation and Parks Agency of the Year: 1974, 1979, 1984, 1988, 1990, 2000, 2005
• Budget Presentation Award: Government Finance Officers Association
• Tree City USA Award: The National Arbor Day Foundation